Create Lasting Impact. Volunteer with UAHT
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with United Against Human Trafficking. Here are a few steps to help you begin your journey as a UAHT Volunteer.
- Fill out the volunteer application
- Complete a background check
- Receive your volunteer code
- Register for Orientation
- Join our board as we fight human trafficking!
In Texas there are an estimated 300,000 victims of human trafficking, many resulting from local businesses or unfair labor practices. But, thanks to your help, we are reaching out and providing a lifeline of support and resources to identify and empower these victims. By being a part of our community outreach team, you and your peers can help make a difference in the greater Houston area.
Community Outreach Volunteers:
- Educate neighborhoods on how they can fight human trafficking
- Visit local businesses to provide human trafficking resources and information
- Report suspicious activity to the National Human Trafficking hotline
Movie screenings, community fairs, and fundraisers are moments that refocus the community’s perspective on human trafficking. As a volunteer, you play an important role at these events in helping with registration, answering questions, and making sure that everything runs smoothly.
- Represent UAHT in the community
- Help out at events
- Invite friends and family to join the fight against human trafficking!
As a Connection Team member you will accompany UAHT staff as we visit day-labor sites, homeless shelters, and refugee and immigrant communities. This team is committed to initiating conversations with the various groups we engage, while supporting UAHT staff as we refer them to services to avoid and escape exploitation.
Connection Team Volunteers:
- Have completed 25 hours of volunteering with the UAHT Community Outreach Team.
- Support the UAHT Programs team as they work with at-risk populations in the Greater Houston Area.
- Generate and build relationships with those who are vulnerable to situations of trafficking.
- Demonstrate a trauma informed and culturally sensitive approach to interacting with diverse populations.
When our team is out training Houston professionals and connecting victims to the care they need, we need volunteers to help us with office work. Whether assembling outreach kits, entering critical data, or organizing event materials, office volunteers work closely with our team and save them a great deal of time. Even the simplest tasks have a significant impact. This type of contribution is incredibly valuable and a great opportunity to become a part of the team.
- Support overall office operations
- Special projects assigned by staff
- Utilize skills to enhance the mission of UAHT
If you want to volunteer and are between the ages of 14 -18, click below
Apply to Volunteer
Take action to fight human trafficking by working alongside us at events, in our office, and in the community!