Human Trafficking for Educators and School Officials
February 25 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Children are at a high risk for human trafficking, but educators can be the reason that a trafficked child gets help.
By participating in this training, you’ll learn to recognize the signs that a student is being trafficked and how to appropriately respond.
Together, we will:
– Address the reality of human trafficking as it relates to children and teens,
– Identify how traffickers recruit victims,
– Identify situations that increase your student’s risk of being lured into a trafficking situation,
– Learn how to identify a potential human trafficking victim in a school environment,
– Illustrate the importance of a school-wide response and provide sample protocols; and
– Provide direct contacts for reporting tips and requesting assistance with potential victims.