- This event has passed.
Combatting Forced Labor in the United States: A Discussion of Federal Criminal Enforcement Strategies
January 31 @ 2:30 pm - 4:00 pm
The Civil Rights Division of the U.S. Department of Justice cordially invites you to a virtual discussion on January 31, 2022, on effective strategies for detecting, investigating, and prosecuting forced labor crimes, and assisting victims. The event will be held from 3:30 to 4:30 pm ET, via Zoom.
The discussion will be moderated by Assistant Attorney General for Civil Rights Kristen Clarke. Panelists include:
– Sameer Jain, Advisory Panel Member, Framework
– Kimberly Brown, Deputy Assistant Director for the Office of Investigations, Diplomatic Security Service, U.S. Department of State
– Jessica Looman, Acting Administrator, Wage and Hour Division, U.S. Department of Labor
– Michael Mikulka, Assistant Inspector General of Investigations, U.S. Department of Labor
– Ramon Padilla, Acting Division Chief, Center for Countering Human Trafficking, U.S. Department of Homeland Security
– Chad Yarbrough, Deputy Assistant Director, Criminal Investigative Division, Federal Bureau of Investigation
Please join us and our special guests for an engaging discussion on effective strategies for detecting, investigating, and prosecuting forced labor traffickers who prey on some of the most vulnerable members of our society.
To request a reasonable accommodation, please contact Sandra Brown at 202-616-2688 or Sandra.Brown@usdoj.gov. Please submit requests no later than January 26, 2022.
Register here: https://www.zoomgov.com/webinar/register/WN_tRABs__PTPWyAx5nNjSGcw
None of these dates work for you?
Learn any time by listening to our Podcast!